Monday, November 8, 2010

Pre-Order Contest: The Upside of Down

My new book, The Upside of Down, goes to press today. Woo hoo!! In celebration, I'm going to hold a contest for a $50 gift certificate to Amazon. I've never done a pre-order contest before, but my goal is . . . 1000 copies pre-ordered in 10 days. That's 100 pre-orders each day. I'm so excited! With your help, I know we can do it!

In case you haven't seen the cover or read the blurb:

“Hmmm,” the doctor muttered.
Natalie wrinkled her forehead, almost afraid to ask, and said, “What does that mean?”
“You do know you’re pregnant, right?”
Her breath caught in her throat. “Excuse me?”
“You’re pregnant.”
Her heartbeat thundered in her ears. “I’m what?”


Natalie Drake certainly has her hands full raising a large family, dealing with her difficult mother, and maintaining a relationship with her rebellious teenager. Just when things seem to be going smoothly, she finds out another unexpected surprise—she’s going to have a baby. Faced with so many challenges, Natalie must learn to trust in a plan that isn’t what she imagined and discover that every situation has an upside.

Beloved author Rebecca Talley carefully creates this touching and heartfelt story that is sure to inspire you. With true-to-life characters and situations, The Upside of Down will reignite your faith and remind you of the importance of family.

Here are the rules:

1. Pre-order my book at Amazon here
.
2. Send me a copy or your receipt or other proof of purchase for the pre-order at rebecca(AT)rebeccatalley(DOT)com to be entered into the drawing. Each pre-order gets one entry into the contest--if you purchase two, or ten :), as gifts each one garners an entry

3. The contest runs from Monday November 8, 2010 until midnight on Thursday, November 18, 2010. You must send me proof of purchase during these dates to qualify.

4. The winner will be chosen at random and posted on Friday, November 19, 2010.

5. The winner will receive a $50.00 gift certificate to Amazon--just in time to use for Christmas!

The books should be available for shipping in late December or early January. If you purchase my book, be sure to check back after the first of the year for another contest.

Tell all your friends! Thank you!!!!

8 comments:

Steve Westover said...

Great idea on the pre-order contest. Best of luck. I hope you presell thousands.

Steve

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

you go girl! what an ambitious contest! I'm hoping to presell about twenty, LOL!

kbrebes said...

Okay, I ordered it and paid for it! Can't wait to get it! January is soo far away!

Ashlie Harris said...

Just pre-ordered two! One for us,one for grandma Harris for her birthday. So excited to read it! Who hoo!!

heather said...

I just read the other entries with the excerpts from your book. I started reading them thinking I wouldn't have interest to continue but continue I did and was left wanting more. You are one talented girl. I'll be sure to read it when it is available!

Rebecca Talley said...

Thank you for the support. Be sure and email me at rebecca@rebeccatalley.com with proof of purchase to be entered into the contest.

Heather, I'd be especially interested in your opinion of this book. Thanks for visiting!

Michelle said...

I am anxious to read a novel that touches on this sensitive issue! Thanks for sharing your talents with so many! Good Luck launching this book!

Debra Erfert said...

My week got away from me, but I think I slipped in under the wire. I just pre-ordered my copy of your book.