Monday, May 17, 2010

New Blog

For those of you who know me or have read my blog, you know that I have a son with Down syndrome. I decided to start a new blog about my experiences with him http://www.theupsideofdown2.blogspot,com/ if you'd like to check it out.

I have never had a problem with him having Down syndrome. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father sent him to my family with an extra chromsome for a reason. Heavenly Father knows better than I and He sent my son to me for a purpose. That doesn't bother me.

What bothers me? How people react to him and/or to the news that I have child with DS. There are those who pity me. Those who are so grateful they don't have a child with DS and let me know it. Those who think I should've aborted him. Those who think he'll never do anything. Those who put him in a "box" and don't give him a chance to do anything outside of that box.

Of course, there are also those who love him unconditionally, who support me, who see him as a child of God, and who will encourage him to be everything he can be in this life. These are the people who see him as God does. The way that I see him.

He is a gift. A gift that I'm not worthy to have, yet I do. Heavenly Father has entrusted him to me and I must do my best to live up to that trust.

So, if you're interested in reading about my journey with my son, please check out my new blog. Thanks! 

No comments: