Monday, April 26, 2010

Fantastic Conference

I attended the LDStorymakers 2010 Conference on Friday and Saturday. It was spectacular. I love this time of year when I can hang out with other writers who "get it" and don't think I should be committed to an insane asylum because I have voices in my head :). What a fabulous weekend.

If you write, you should make plans to attend the conference in 2011 because it's well worth the time, effort, and money. The classes were amazing, the keynote speaker, Dave Farland (Wolverston) was so inspiring, and the atmosphere couldn't be beat. The energy was palpable. The excitement and enthusiasm was incredible and it was wonderful being around such supportive people.

I helped with registration and with the pitches with Kirk Shaw from Covenant. I also taught a class on writing short stories. I hope it was helpful. I'll be uploading the template I use to write short stories on my website http://www.rebeccatalley.com/ so if you're interested, check it out. I didn't have a large class but I'm hoping that those who attended came  away with something useful. I love to teach so it was a fun experience for me.

I also had a meeting with Krista Marino, an acquisitions editor for Delacorte Press. She gave me some valuable feedback on my chapter book, Gabby's Secret. I enjoyed meeting her and learning from her.

I'll be blogging about the classes I attended so check back.

I loved. loved. loved the conference.

No comments: