Paul West tagged me last week. It's been crazy lately. I have kids performing in a community production of Willy Wonka that includes public performances as well as performances for schools around the district. I am excited to see it tonight.
It also happens to be prom tonight. We bought my daughter's dress while we were in Utah. It's a gorgeous royal blue princess dress. But, it was too long. I agreed to hem it. I didn't realize there were at least 10 yards of fabric. Not to mention the net overskirt and the underskirt also made of net and another layer of fabric. Yes, her dress is poofy and her mother is looney. Note to self: never buy another prom dress that needs to be hemmed.
So between the plays and prom, it's been a little hectic. Paul's tag asked me to list 7 things about myself. Here goes:
1. When I was a young teenager, I was a flamenco dancer with castanets and everything. I danced at various events through the year as well as in parades. At one particular venue, for the Elks Club, we were dancing on a temporary wooden floor that was placed just for the performance. It was 3 or 4 inches thick. Amidst my fabulous dancing, the heel of my shoe caught on the edge of the floor and, yep, down I went with my skirt over the top of my head. I jumped up and continued the dance as if nothing happened.
2. I was recruited by the high school basketball coach to play for him, so I switched gears. I'm sure my height made him think I'd be the greatest basketball player ever and I'm equally sure that I disappointed him because while I was (and still am) tall, I'm not very quick. I did score 22 points in a game, though. That was my best score.
3. I can't sing at all and I served as the Primary chorister for almost 5 years. I discovered that the kids didn't care that I couldn't sing. It was more important to them that I was consistently there and tried to make it fun. By far, it was my favorite calling.
4. At the conclusion of a year at BYU, my ward decided to hand out awards to some of the members of the ward. I received an award. Can you guess what it was? Biggest Flirt. I still say the awards were fixed. I was so not a flirt. (Anyone who knew me back at BYU can't say a word).
5. My favorite book is Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. I love that book. The story just spoke to me.
6. I hate ironing. If I had to choose between chewing cactus and ironing, I'd pick the cactus. I do iron every week, but usually I have to crank my disco tunes to get me through it.
7. I love to knit. I don't have much time to knit anymore, but I love making booties, blankets, and baby buntings. I also love to crochet around socks and add beads.
That was fun. Anyone else want to play?