Thursday, March 13, 2008

News Article

I really haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've just been so swamped with projects and trying to keep on top of the household chores. I'm also getting ready to attend the LDStorymakers conference next week.

I've been attempting to promote my book. I contacted the local newspaper where my kids attend school and asked if someone would be willing to do a feature article and/or review my book. I was told a resounding "no" because my book has religious/spiritual content and the Editor felt it wasn't right for the community. I then approached an area newspaper and asked the same thing. The Features Editor agreed to read my book.

Doug Johnston, the Public Relations Director at Cedar Fort, sent her a copy and within a week she contacted me. Not only did she enjoy the book, but she also mentioned she might pull out a Book of Mormon someone had given her and read it again. Is that cool or what? She was so complimentary and so kind. And, she wrote a great 1/2 page article for the Religion section of the newspaper. I'm thrilled she liked my book and I was very pleased to see the article with a large image of my cover. I've had positive feedback from people who've read the print edition and the online story.

In case you're interested, here's the link A message of hope: LDS writer makes debut with novel "Heaven Scent."

I so appreciate the article and all of the comments online about it. It was fun to see it in the newspaper and my sweet husband brought it home already framed for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY rebecca!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so cool about the review and the BOM. way cool!!! good job, kathleen xo

Unknown said...

That's wonderful, Rebecca. It's always good when the hometown appreciates you, right? As to the paper who wouldn't do an article, and I do know which one you're talking about, don't be surprised. They are so screamingly liberal and anti-God you'd have to rival JK Rowling to get any coverage there. Congratulations!