Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Conference Time

The LDStorymakers Conference is this weekend. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. I'll be able to meet some of my bloggy (to quote Kathleen) friends as well as see other friends again. I'm excited to attend the classes and learn how to improve my writing. I know the guest speakers will be incredible and I'm very excited to learn who will win the Whitney Awards. I love just thinking about attending a "gala." Woo hoo, I'm going to a gala.

While I'm at the conference I'll be able to sell books and give away promotional items. Since Heaven Scent includes an important reference to perfume (hence the title), I've designed a fragrance with the help of Karlene Browning and I will be giving away samples at the conference. I love how it smells, just as I imagined it in my book. I also have beautiful bookmarks that Cedar Fort desgined and printed for me. And since I think chocolate is one of the four main food groups (next to ice cream, peanut M&Ms, and licorice) it's quite possible I'll have chocolate to hand out as well. Now that I've written it down, it all sounds like a bribe, which, I guess, it is.

I will also be selling my picture book, Grasshopper Pie, though I promise not to hand out any live grasshoppers :)

This will be a fun weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi rebecca,

your food groups made me giggle. thanks, i wanted a giggle.

hey, am i the kathleen you mentioned or is it another kathleen? he he *blushes*

you are going to have a blast and a meaningful time. i so wish i was going. i am jealous :)

be well, soak it up, enjoy, and travel safe, kathleen

Rebecca Talley said...

Thanks, Kathleen, my bloggy friend :)

Unknown said...

awh rebecca, you made me grin. thanks doll, k