Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Whitney Award Finalists

The finalists have been announced for the Whitney Awards.

I think there's a great representation of what LDS authors are writing. I was impressed with the nominations. I only wish I had read all of these wonderful books. (If I start now, maybe I can read all of the books that may be nominated for 2008-- I'm compiling a list of all the books I want to read).

I think The Whitney Awards is a fantastic idea and will help to propel LDS ficiton into a much more respected realm.

All of those involved with The Whitney Awards should be congratulated for all of their hard work and tireless effort to make this happen. I am so lookng forward to attending the gala immediately following the LDStorymakers Writing Conference.

This is a great thing for the LDS writing community.

3 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey there,

Candace and I will talk about virtual book tours, to answer your question at last. :)

Cindy Beck, author said...

Rebecca,
I agree with you--the Whitney Awards are a great idea!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for the writers conference and the awards dinner this year. The direction fiction written by LDS authors is taking is wonderful! It's all good!