Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Birthday Boy

My son turned 18 a few days ago. 18! That just blows my mind. I keep thinking there is some trick to slowing down time and being able to enjoy it more, but I haven't found it yet. And this is kid #8. Not sure how I'm old enough to have 8 adult children. Just saying that makes me want to run screaming because that means I. Am. Old.

How can I be 25 in my head but when I look in the mirror I just see an old lady looking back at me?

I digress.

We celebrated my son's birthday with a special breakfast, a special dinner, ice cream, and some gifts. But my favorite part of our birthday tradition is that we go around the table (or room) and each person shares their favorite things about the birthday boy or girl. It's a great time to make note of all the wonderful things about that child and it allows the other kids to think about what they love about their sibling. Some times, I get a little teary listening to what the kids say. I just want all my kids to love each other!

Happy Birthday to this kid. He is such a light in my life. He makes me smile. He is such a hard worker and he never complains or asks if he can get out of work. He is tender-hearted and thoughtful. He is always looking out for me and even opens my doors for me whenever we are together. He isn't afraid to share his beliefs, but he is kind as he does so. He is full of love for the Savior. I am so thankful for him.




No comments: