Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Christmas in Colorado

We went to Colorado for Christmas and had a wonderful time with all the kids. It was so great having all of my children, my daughter-in-law, and my granddaughter all together. I did learn that I have forgotten what it's like to have a two year old.

My very adorable granddaughter had quite the adventures while we were together. She found a crayon and decided to decorate the large window in the living room. She then decided that a bedroom upstairs needed some additions. She found my daughter's liquid cover-up, took the cap off, then jumped up and down on the bed splattering said make-up all over the comforter, the sheets, her brand new Christmas outfit, and the carpet. It is now a permanent reminder of her visit there.

And then she found the water. She filled the bathroom sink with some shoes and some toilet paper and turned on the faucet. She didn't, however, turn off the faucet. The water filled the sink then ran all over the floor, found the heating vent, and followed it to the ceiling in the basement. By the time we discovered her surprise, the water had soaked the sheetrock in the ceiling and had soaked the couch and carpet beneath. Fun times! It's a good thing she's so super cute.

It snowed the day after Christmas, which was beautiful. We got to play in the snow, make some snow angels, and have a few snowball fights. 

It was wonderful seeing family and friends and enjoying the holidays in Colorado. I miss family and friends and I miss those snow-capped mountains!


No comments: