Thursday, March 6, 2014

Jutoh for Writers Is Pure Awesomeness

When I published Aura in November 2012 to the Kindle platform, I converted the file to a web page then uploaded that to Amazon. I decided to use jpeg images for my chapter headings to make my ebook look a little nicer. What a headache. I couldn't get it to upload properly with those images. It took me a few days and a lot of hair pulling to finally figure out what was wrong. It was such a negative experience that I had decided I didn't want to ever do that again.

After finishing my newest novel, Imperfect Love, I wavered between submitting it to a publisher and going the indie route again. The memory of uploading my other book was still fresh in my mind and I wasn't sure I wanted to take on all the responsibility of publishing a book again. After consulting with family and friends, I decided to take the plunge again into indie publishing. What I love about going indie is that I have all the control (the control freak in me LOVES this). I can determine when to release a book, how to release it, what the cover will be, what the back cover copy will be, and what the price will be. I don't have anyone telling me what I can and can't do with my own creation. AND no one owns the rights to my book but me. That is super awesome in and of itself. Of course, with all of this also comes the fact that I'm completely responsible for it, sink or swim. Everything from design and format to promotion is on my shoulders.

One of the slickest, easiest, and best programs I've found to help me with creating ebooks is Jutoh. The BEST $39 I've invested in my indie publishing path thus far. It. Is. So. Easy. I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to create ebooks. Hands down, this  made the process so, so much easier. And with beautiful results. I could easily add in images and get the ebook to look exactly the way I wanted. It automatically checks the file for errors and takes less than a minute to covert the file to an ebook. Easy peasy. And if I can do it, anyone can. Seriously. Anyone.

I will post what I did to create my ebook in another post. If you'd like to see the result, you can preview a copy of my book, Imperfect Love, on Amazon and see what it looks like.

Jutoh is pure awesomeness for creating different ebook formats.

No comments: