Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baptism #9

My ninth child was baptized last month. She shares a birthday with her older sister so we had a big celebration. Child #9 was baptized by her older brother who was ordained a priest in November. I love these "parent paydays" when I can watch an older child honor his priesthood and then use it to bless the life of his sibling. The brother who baptized my daughter was baptized by his older brother about 8 years ago. It is such a blessing  to see my children baptized, especially by a sibling.

Life whirs by me so fast I can hardly catch my breath, I can't believe I have 9 children now baptized as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It seems as though I was just holding #9 in my arms a few days ago. Children grow so fast.

She was so excited about her baptism that she made invitations to it last summer and couldn't wait to invite everyone to her special day. She was a little disappointed that friends from school didn't come, but we had lots of family and ward members that supported her. She was doubly excited that she'd lost a couple of teeth before her baptism. Life can be so exciting when you're 8.

I'm so proud of her and feel so blessed!

No comments: