Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Unwanted Christmas Gift

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I gave myself an easy, but unwanted, Christmas gift--extra weight. I don't know what it is about that time of year, but all of my resolve hitched a ride to outer Mongolia and left me incapable of resisting the cookies, candies, chocolate, breads, desserts, turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, and ice cream. I just shoveled it in. In my defense, I did try to exercise a bit, but when all of my kids came home and wanted to hang out and do other stuff, I let that slide as well (we did do Just Dance several times so that counts, right?).

So, now I have this extra weight, but I don't want it. I don't like it. I want to return it and exchange my fat self for a thinner one.

Of course, we all know it ain't that easy so . . . .

I've gone back to my regular eating habits--no sweets, no ice cream--basically no white sugar or flour. Lots of salads, fruits, fiber, lean meat, and water. And I'm back to exercising every day.

I'm trying a new exercise program called KettleWorx. It's a 20 minute routine, 3 days a week, with a kettlebell. I add an extra 10 minute routine, use a heavier kettlebell, and do it 5 times a week. I like the routine and it feels like I'm getting stronger. Now, if I can just get that extra weight to drop off. Why is it so much easier to gain weight than to lose it?

Anyone know where I can return my unwanted Christmas gift? Do you think Walmart will take back these extra pounds--they take back everything else :).

1 comment:

Alexander C. Aldrich, Ph.D. said...

Bekah and I work out to Jillian Michael's work out DVD. Its pretty sweet and only like $6 @ the Costco. It only gets weird when during the work out she asks the audience if they want to wear strapless dresses...