Monday, September 19, 2011

Exercise is Killing Me!

I used to play basketball in high school. In college, I took aerobics classes and then found exercise shows on TV after I had kids. I loved working out to "Gilad's Bodies in Motion" in the 90s. I then found "The Firm" and "Tae Bo" videos/DVDs. I've worked out over the years, some times more than others depending on pregnancies.

One of my older daughters has returned home to go to a local college that is far less expensive than her out-of-state first year. And she's discovered P90X, a new exercise program on DVDs. My nephews have been doing P90X for a few years and talked a lot about it but I never thought much about it.

What is P90X? Well, it's death by exercise. No kidding--Tony Horton, the creator, is an exercise madman. This guy is definitely the inspiration for the Energizer Bunny. He's 45 and totally ripped. He looks better than most guys half his age. But, the guy really belongs in a torture camp.

This exercise program is not for the wimpy (me). It is a serious program that boasts a complete body change (if you stick with the program and follow it closely) in 90 days. I think all it will do to me is send me into cardiac arrest. But, I am going to stick with it nevertheless. My daughter will make sure of that.

I did Plyometrics this morning which is one of the 13 DVDs and is basically aerobics on crack. Lots of jumping and barely any time to breathe. But, if I can keep up with it without sucking so much air by the end of 90 days, I will really accomplish something. I want to be in better shape as well as take some weight off.

Wish me luck!

No comments: