Thursday, May 14, 2009

Danny Gokey Goes Home

Seriously?

I was so disappointed last night that Danny was sent home. He was my favorite. I love his voice and I love his singing style. I'd definitely buy a CD from Danny Gokey. I'm sure he'll still get a contract and make albums, but I really wanted him to win American Idol. I think he will be a successful recording artist, especially since he has such perfect pitch (except for that one scary note last week).

In a way, I'm relieved because next week is so busy with graduations, end of the school year parties, and lots of field trips and now I won't have to be stressed about missing American Idol.

I really like Kris Allen's voice and I'd definitely buy his CD. I love how creative he's been with songs and the sound of his voice. I was especially touched by the embrace between his father and him last night. What a sweet moment. I think he'll be successful whether or not he actually wins next week.

Adam Lambert is very talented and creative, but his performances sometimes leave me feeling uncomfortable and I hate when he screams the songs. I would not buy his CD just because I don't like the screaming he does in his songs and he doesn't sing songs that appeal to me (except for Mad World--that was amazing). I think he'll be a highly successful performer and I do love to see people attain their dreams. He seems like a nice kid and I'm excited for him that he's done so well, I just don't care for his type of singing.

American Idol is always fun to watch. The judges seem to have some drama going on this year and Simon is always so full of himself. The best part of the show, though, is watching these kids rise from obscurity, take hold of their dream, and improve their talent each week. I love seeing people develop and magnify their talents.

Good luck to both Kris and Adam next week.

6 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

I have really liked watching this season. Danny was my favorite from day one. I love him! I agree with all you said. I think Adam will be very successful. I've only liked a few of his performances. I don't enjoy the screaming either. I still want to watch next week. I love the finale. Kris is great too.

Fiauna said...

100% agree. (But I definitely won't be voting for Adam [ not that I vote or anything], I can't stand to watch him stick out his tongue when he screams--I mean sings the songs.)

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Rebecca, I agree fully with what you said. I am a huge Danny Gokey fan and was so sad to see him go. I will be buying any CD Danny releases. I have already downloaded many of his songs onto my play list for my blog.

At this point I don't care who wins and I doubt I will watch the finale; a first for me ever.

Momza said...

HI Rebecca,
I totally agree with you on Adam...he has talent, no doubt. But, honestly, not the kind of music I see myself buying or the kind of career I see following.
Danny will be around...as will Kris, but I doubt we'll see any of them rise like Carrie Underwood or Daughtry.
Thx for stopping by my lil blog.

Rachelle Christensen said...

I'm sad I haven't been able to get in on the American Idol fervor this season--maybe next time. :)
I posted a review about the Scrapbox on my blog, if you’d like to see a pic, come visit!

Pedaling said...

SOooo, who's it gonna be tonight.

i got my kris vote in yesterday!