Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring is Here . . . Almost

The other day my kids asked if they could jump on the trampoline (I had to ask them to not shorten that to "jump on the tramp"). Since it was such a beautiful, warm day, I allowed them to go outside and jump even though they hadn't quite finished their chores. Unfortunately, my daughter trusted the weather too much and left her tennis shoes outside overnight. The next morning, her shoes were filled with snow.

The weather has been teasing us. A few days ago we had a couple of warm days filled with lots of sunshine. Then, wham, we woke up to snow and freezing temperatures. We like to say here in Colorado, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a day and it will change." So true.

At this time of year I never know if I should have my kids wear their winter coats or sweatshirts to school.

I love spring. I love to see the leaves beginning to bud on the trees and the grass greening up. I love the warm breezes and smells that float through the air. I can never decide which season I like best, but right now, it's definitely spring!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I read about "jumping on the tramp"--which we did all the time growing up, and none the wiser until we got older.

Wendy

La Mujer Loca said...

We've got the same wacky weather here in Idaho. It's driving my kids nuts. Me . . . I could use a little more snow--it's yummy:)

me and you plus two said...

Me too! I love spring although in Ajo it is either way Hot or just a little chilly...In Ajo "winter spends the summer here." Thats what the locals say...you either love the heat or you hate it here..I choose to LOVE

Cindy Beck, author said...

That's springtime in the Rockies, for ya! :)

Patty B. said...

Hey, at least it keeps you flexible in making plans. We always have a backup plan for nearly everything we do. We got caught disappointed too many times.