Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Library Day

Our elementary school has a nice library and shares space with a branch of our public library. Each summer, the public library sponsors a reading program. This year it's, "catch the Reading Bug," and we'll be talking about bugs as well as watching butterflies go through their stages of growth. All the books on display have to do with bugs.

Today, we all watched a puppet show about a magical garden and the bugs, and other creatures, that live there. It was a cute show with marionettes. My kids were all mesmerized by the show.

Usually, my sister and I let our kids play outside on the playground equipment afterwards. The cousins all love to be together and my sister and I can visit for a few minutes. It's a nice break from summer chores and best of all, it encourages my kids to read.

I love having my children invloved in the summer reading program.

No comments: