Monday, June 11, 2018

Who's Ready for Summer?

Just like that, another school year has come and gone. I can't believe it. Time flies by so, so fast. It seems like I was just putting my first child in school and now, 26 years later, I have finished up with elementary school. Yep, that's right. 26 years of elementary school and now it's over.

I love summer break. I love to hang out with my kids, Swim. Go to the beach (I can say that now that I live in Texas). Go to splash pads. Eat ice cream and popsicles. Have BBQs. It's a great time to just have fun with the kids. This week, two of my kids and my hubby have been at camps.

Summer is full of fun. And this summer I hope to get my kids to the newly reopened (flooded after Hurricane Harvey) Barbara Bush Library regularly so we can read books. I also want to take them to the community pool so my youngest can meet kids he'll attend school with in the fall when he goes to middle school. And I want to take them to splash pads or other water activities (because everything is bigger in Texas, including the hot temperatures and the humidity).

Are you ready for summer?


No comments: