Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ahhh, Technology

I admit it, I'm computer illiterate. I blame in on my husband. He's a computer guru. He can make computers do amazing things. Something that stumps me for hours will take him less than a minute to solve. He seems to have a magical computer power. So when I need the computer to do something, I turn to him and he does it for me. I've skipped a lot of steps along the way--too many steps. I just want the computer to work. If I have access to the internet and Word is working properly, I'm a happy camper. I don't want to know all the ins and outs or the whys or wherefores of computers--if it works, I'm happy, if it doesn't I'm not. Simple.



Now blogging has become very important. Yes, my husband knows all about it, but this time, I'm going to do it on my own. I'm going to make this blogging thing work. Of course, when I read all the things that LDSPublisher has posted about blogging, it makes my head explode or maybe that's implode. I'm not sure how I can keep all this information straight.



But, I'm determined to learn all there is to know about blogging. I admire all of those who have such interesting and helpful blogs and I spend way too much time reading blogs (a quick look at my house will attest to that). I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way on my blog, but they'll be my mistakes and I will learn from them.



And, the next time I'm tempted to run to my honey to fix my computer problems, I'm going to cowboy up and try to do it myself.

9 comments:

Josi said...

You can do this, Rebecca--so far it looks awesome. what I did was in those first couple of weeks I just got onto blogger and poked around in my dashboard. "Oh, that's what a template is" and "Wow, I can change the size of the fonts". I found that just getting familiar with the way it worked made it easier for me to find what I needed when I ventured out!

Welcome to blogland!

Rebecca Talley said...

Thanks, Josi. You're my very first comment--I'm so excited!

I think I'll be poking around a lot and trying to figure out how to get a photo on my comments.

Thanks again for visiting.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Looks good Rebecca. In no time at all, you will be a pro. Can't wait to see more posts.

Jenn said...

That's exactly how my husband and I are. I rarely let him upgrade my computer because I don't really care how fast it is or if it has all the bells and whistles - I just want it to work. And invariably, if he tries to upgrade it, nothing works right for a while.

G. Parker said...

Good template! LOL...same as mine. Good minds think alike, right? Keep it up!

Sandra said...

You'll have this down in no time. I started blogging the way Josi did, played around with everything. Of course, then when I wanted something, I couldn't remember where it was! But you'll get it pretty soon.

Happy blogging!

Cindy Beck, author said...

Rebecca,
Nice blog. I'd like to see your story in the Friend, when you get the link to it working.

Rebecca Talley said...

Thanks for all of the comments.

I did notice we have the same layout, Gaynell.

I do need to explore all the buttons and templates and experiment with different things. Hopefully, I won't lose the whole thing to cyberspace by hitting the wrong button.

Annette Lyon said...

This is my life, too, Rebecca! I am married to a computer guru, and I am techno-idiot. If anything goes wrong, I panic and cry, "HONEEYYYY! FIX IT!!!" He's a miracle worker. (Which is why I get to remain an idiot.)