Wednesday, April 29, 2009

LDStorymakers Conference

I was fortunate enough to attend the LDStorymakers conference over the weekend. We took some of our kids and my wonderful husband played with the kids while I attended the conference.

What a fantastic experience. The conference was so professional. The classes were helpful and well-prepared. The atmosphere was fun and invigorating. People were willing to help one another. It was well worth the drive and effort for me to attend. I loved seeing friends and making new ones. I enjoyed the presentations and meeting my publisher, Lyle Mortimer.

You could feel the excitement in the air even though most of us were completely exhausted. I thoroughly enjoyed talking about writing for two days instead of Barbies, Legos, what to cook for dinner, and who didn't load the dishwasher. It was refreshing to be around people who don't think you're crazy because characters have conversations in your head (and sometimes you get involved in the conversation).

It was so much fun. If you are at all interested in writing and are able to attend the next conference, I highly recommend it. It's growing every year and each year it gets even better with more opportunities available.

Now it's time to come back to reality and wash 10,000 loads of laundry, taxi my kids from one activity to another, and figure out that age old question, "What's for dinner?"

No comments: